Friday, June 09, 2006

Scale Enhancements

The scale plugin has had a lot of love recently! Here is an attempt to summarise all that has gone on. Please tell me if I've missed anything...

Scale now places icons on the bottom of the window (I don’t yet know who did this, I guess Quinn, as she did it on the switcher).

And thanks tot the work by arturh (or perhaps PlayerX – they both seemed to be working on it at the same time…) now ‘scale from all viewports’ exists
It has been committed to Quinn’s CVS

PlayerX has done some work documented here:
I've started by writing a very simple patch which changes the way windows are sorted, so that instead of showing the active window first, and then the last active windows and then the window before, it shows the windows such as to minimize the distance they move.
and in the same thread arturh posted a patch to allow deactivation of scale with mouse corners

I really don’t know who did it, but I am currently using the fact that if you click on the desktop in scale mode, all the other windows are minimised! It’s like ‘show desktop’!

And iXce did some Xinerama helping things to allow selection of which screen the scale happens on:
Here's the patch. It features a new option for scale, called "head". It's an integer that can be 0 (scale on current cursor position head) 1 (scale on whole screen) or n (n > 1), which scales on n-1'th screen. Hope it'll work.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

If I could save time in a bottle the first thing that I'd like
to do is to save every day until hiehwfdh eternity passes away just to spend them with you
If I could make days last forever if words could make.
Wholesale New Era Hats
Cheap 59fifty Hats
Cheap New Era Hats
New Era Snapback Hats
New Era Fitted Hats

2:24 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home