This is a dynamic post which should always hold the information on the LATEST QuinnDebs (see my announcment of them here)
Current Version: 0.8Ubuntu14.
Here is the actual post on the forums.
These debs basically include everything that the community has done to date and are synced with CVS on a regular basis: Additions that have come in the most recent upgrade are in green and bold, previous update are just green.
- QuinnStorm's 'Zoom on Luunch', now with added 'Zoom Out on Close" for us all to enjoy
- Switcher now behaves as a special case so that it doesn't zoom (though many people said they thought this was cool - should it still be an option?)
- The brightness, saturation and opacity options from the opaquefocus plugin by Athropos, _avatar and QuinnStorm
- The Trannset plugin (Athropos)
- Lates bugfixes from CVS
- Latest gnome-window-decorator - including the 'On Top' and 'On All Workspaces' addition.
- ALT+TAB limited to the current workspace
- Patches to 'move' and 'opaquefocus' so that they respect transparencies set by transset and the mouse scroll wheel
- New menu item - 'reset transparency' on gnome-window-decorator
- fixed up minimize (that provides zooming on launch) to look a bit better with the zoom in/out tooltips/menus (See the 'Side effects of 'zoom-on-launch')
- Scale windows from the current application only.
- EdgeFlip original version + rotate (added by Quinn)
- Changing desktops behaves so that 'classic' desktop wallpaper switchers will now work, the pagers themselves may look strange (reverted in later versions)
- Fixed a bug that stopped Compiz from opening sometimes.
- Reverted changes that caused wallpaper changers to work but pagers to malfunctionAdded TrailFocus
- Added toggle to make windows appear/disappear from the centre of the screen
- Fixed OpaqueFocus' behaviour with Flash
- Fixed the 'Scale this application only' so that it can now use WM_CLASS not WM_CLIENT_LEADER, which means it will work regardless of instance.
- Melvil's patch to stop windows that have a transparency set from changing transparency while being moved.
- OpaqueFocus no longer causes 'ghosted' windows
- Added the latest additions to move.c by tommie-lie
- Removed opaquefocus – the functionality of which is still provided by a special case of trailfocus (which was, in the first place, a modification of opaquefocus…)
- There is now a toggle to disable drawing of the top and bottom of the cube when it is inverted (so you can see skydome)
- Added toggle to invert X (as well as Y) for rotating the cube)
- Added patch to make 'Show Desktop' work
- Applied patch to show minimised windows in the switcher
- Applied Radeon patch (tentatively, will be reverted if it causes problems) to allow windows of size greater than the graphics card's max. texture size.
- Basic theme architecture implemented
- Theme patch reverted
- Water Plugin added
- Bugfixes by Alex Jasse for his Show_Desktop fix
- Fix switcher not to show previews for minimised apps (draw an icon instead)
- Draw an icon for all apps in the switcher
- Sync with CVS
- Contents of Ubuntu14 unknown! does anybody have any idea where to find it or if there is a webcvs for Quinn's CVS?
- Fix for problems with the minimize plugin
- Sync with latest CVS.
You can find them and their source here or just add this line to your /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://www.beerorkid.com/compiz/ dapper main
To do this use these commands in a terminal
sudo cp /etc/apt/sources.list /etc/apt/sources.list_PRE_QUINN
sudo gedit /etc/apt/sources.list
then paste the line in at the bottom of the file and save and close gedit
sudo apt-get update
and sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
You should be ready to go!