Monday, March 27, 2006

On the road to themeable window borders

Edit: these patches themeselves do not really help for user themeable windows. this post will link to some key threads discussing the various plans of different people to develop a themeable window-decorator.

As antother of the 4 patches Felipe posted to the forums there was some preliminary code to allow a hard-coded second theme to gnome-window-decorator (2 of the patches). At the moment it does very little obvious stuff (see the screenshot) - it is very basic, and the main people pushing Compiz on Ubuntu seem agreed that it is not the right direction to take for further development. (this is not what the blog used to say - sorry everyone, I seemed to suffer from some optimism based delusion ;)

Patches here and here



Felipe doesn't know who is developing this, or who released the patches, so I can't give credit to the right person! Anyone got a lead? From the URL, I would guess it is someone from the Gentoo community - I'll check their wiki later...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes it's a gentoo user, his nickname is "uriahheep" ;)

7:40 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

who I can do change the shadow size?

I want the blur shadow more big
becouse the current size is very small

I'm sorry, my english is poor.

7:56 am  
Blogger Who said...

At the moment there is no way to change the size of the shadows. Along with themeing window borders I would say this is the place where the best devlopers are spending most of their time at the moment, so hopefully they will have a solution soon :)

8:18 am  
Blogger felipe said...

...and you call me "felipe" not Filipe :)

10:03 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, shadow size control would be very useful thing. As i remember xcompmgr :)

4:45 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The guy who coded this is known as 'uriahheep'

he hangs out in #xgl, on freenode. great guy ;)

12:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home